Coaching Tip #1 "Seven Habits of a Great Coach"
“Seven Habits of a Great Coach” As we seek to empower leaders through the ministry of coaching, remember seven essential skills of coaching…what we call “Seven Habits of a Great Coach”:
1. Listen—“he who answers before listening…that is to his folly and shame”. (Proverbs 18:13)
2. Care—personally, prayerfully, appropriately.
3. Celebrate—ministry progress, personal growth, our great God!
4. Strategize—overcome roadblocks, optimize resources, “order” priorities, orchestrate plans sequentially.
5. Train—demonstrate skills, diverse resources, debrief activities.
6. Disciple/Develop—character growth, personal guidance and balance.
7. Challenge—clarify goals, confront when needed, confidence to excel, confirm “next steps.”
Which of these “habits” come most naturally to you?
Which of these “habits” take the most work for you?
From: “TransforMissional Coaching Clinic”
To download this tip as a Word doc, click here: Coaching Tips #1
For more information, contact:
Dr. Tim Roehl Tim.Roehl@crmleaders.org
Dr. Steve Ogne Steve.Ogne@crmleaders.org